Use Your Power Traits™
If you have a Music Talent you might be good at the following:
- listening to music
- singing harmonies
- playing instruments
- tapping out a rhythm
- memorizing songs
- singing, humming, or whistling
- collecting and listening to CD’s and tapes
- having an ear for different types of music different instruments
Use your Music Talent to help you to memorize:
- Use the beat of a metronome.
- Make up jingles, rhymes, raps.
- Set information to a melody and sing it: For example, sing spelling rules “i before e except after c, or when sounded like a, like neighbor and weigh”, or make up your own melody.
Use your Music Talent to help to understand and remember:
- Read, write, or study while listening to music. (Baroque is best (e.g. Handel, Vivaldi, Boccherini, Bach) also try other classical music (Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Haydn, Tchaikovsky).
- use techniques that work for your Disposition and Modality
Choice of Assignments
- Compose an original song to report on a topic.
- Do a singing presentation of vocabulary word definitions or other memorized material.
Link to interactive PREZI: Music Talent – Student Centered Learning
Career Opportunities for those with Music Talent:
- sound engineer
- music publisher
- record producer
- instrument maker
- conductor arranger
- conductor arranger
- instrument designer
Your Talents interact with your Dispositions to create combinations of Power Traits that are well suited for different careers. Here are a few examples:
If you have taken the Self-Portrait™ power traits assessment use the http://www.powertraitsforlife.com website to help you understand and use your Power Traits for Life™.
Use the top navigation bar to find pages that correspond to your top Dispositions, Talents, Modalities, Interests and preferred Environment. You can also use the “search” field at the top right of the screen to learn more about how to leverage your strengths.
Support Student-Centered Learning
To learn more about how to use the Self-Portrait™ power traits assessment as a fundraising tool for your organization, click here.